Thursday, November 12, 2015

Volcanos, Tsunamis, Earthquakes, Oh My

 October 12, 2015

Member: What is that on your face?
My companion: uhhhh...
Member: Is it a mosquito bite? I can´t believe it got your face?!
My companion: It´s a zit... 

Well boys and girls what stories do I have for you this week. Awe yes. Dogs. So dogs here are from Satan himself. All those pets you call dogs back home, yeah they don´t have those here. Here they are lions evil lion dogs that chase you! The other night my comp and I were running home to make curfew when two demon dogs started chasing us. My comp took off her bag ready to beat one of them and I am sprinting like heck no I am not getting bit by Mr. and Mrs. Demon lion dog. My companion was ready to go ham on them when they got scared and ran away. THEY ARE NOT DOGS THEY ARE DEMON LION DOGS!  

Everyday we eat lunch at a members house they are our "Mamitas!" This week I ate cows foot without knowing it was cows foot. A blessing that comes from not understanding Spanish is that when the member is telling us about how you cut up a cow and which body parts taste the best I have absolutely no idea what I am eating :) . 


Remember our trials are always blessings in disguise haha.  Seriously though, I joke in all my emails because I need sanity sometimes ya know? But really for any of you questioning going on a mission. GO! Don’t second guess yourself, or think but what if God has a different plan for me? Start your papers and if God has a different plan for you, you will know. My life has already changed so much in the last 2 1/2 months. I have learned humility through not being able to speak or understand the language. I have learned to completely trust God with all my heart through the lonliness that is required in missionary work because in those moments where you feel ALL alone that’s when God makes it known unto you that YOU ARE NEVER ALONE! "Don’t rush your Gethsemane because trials give you traction." This work is hard. But why would it be easy? Why would Salvation be easy for us when it was never ever easy for HIM?? Trials make us COOLER PEOPLE!!!! Don´t you want to be cooler? I DO!! I don´t know what I am doing. I feel inadequate and scared at times, but then I look into the eyes of a 9 year old investigator who for the first time discovered she has a loving Heavenly Father even though she doesn’t have a loving earthly father. This work isn’t about me!!  "We are infinitely greater than our afflictions." YOU ARE NEVER ALONE! Con amor, Hermana Israelsen 

 P.S I forgot to explain the title of this email! A GIANT Volcano is going to erupt and it’s going to be crazy and now I feel bad because I prayed for service opportunities this week 

No comments:

Post a Comment