Wednesday, March 30, 2016

I Am Nothing Without Him, But Through Him I can Become Something - March 21, 2016

The amount of siblings whom I've thought were boyfriend and girlfriend is mind blowing! *see's boy and girl holding hands. Girl is giggling and is resting her head on boy's shoulder*
Me: Are you guys a couple?
Girl: No, he is my brother.
Me:..oh.

During a lesson last week 4 of the little kids took off their shirts and the grandma helped them tie their shirts around their heads because they wanted to be ninjas.
Me: Oh look a parade!

Comp: That's a protest they are all on strike.

The little 2 year old girl I always write about slapped me again this week but immediately followed it with a kiss. I am telling you this girl she also looks like Boo from Monsters and Inc so you can't not love her.

This week one of our investigators got baptized. It melted my heart like how fast the ice cream melts from McDonalds.

But I also had a really tough few days. I know that I am prideful. I know that pride is a great stumbling block and can keep us from progression. My companion and I had a really long talk yesterday about how we can improve. I realized that I talk the talk but I don't walk the walk. Meaning I talk big game about how I want to be more humble but when someone tells me what I need to change I fall flat on my face. It's super hard for me to face my weaknesses. But then I think about the cup that Christ drank. I think about the bitter cup and why he drank it. It was never about him but the will of the Father. Never once did he glorify himself or say "Look! Over here! Look what I did!" All he says is come unto me so that you may live with your Father again. I mean if he can do that, I can drink my polly pocket sized cup. But do I seek to glorify myself? When I serve do I seek self recognition? "Look! Look over here! I am a missionary and it's hard so tell me I am awesome!!" But where in there did I recognize my Savior. I talk the talk but I don't walk the walk. I am prideful, but that doesn't mean that I am just going to give up and complain about how it's just too hard so what’s the point! Because of the Atonement of Christ I know He will help me drink my Barbie sized cup and he won't compare my cup to your cup or your cup to his cup. He will only say "Come Unto Me. Follow me." He is humility. He is charity. He is hope, the only begotten son of the Father. He is the reason. I am nothing without Him, but through Him I can become something.

Now being humble doesn’t mean that you just stink at everything and you are helpless and talentless. No, I know I have strengths. I know that God loves me. I know who I am and that I have divine potential. At times we may forget that but He will never forget us. As long as we keep fighting to overcome our sins, weaknesses, fears etc. HE WILL BE WITH US! I know I can keep going. I can try one more time because He will carry me and He will carry you. I can't say it anymore clearly than I know I am NOTHING without Him. But with Him I am a divine daughter of my Heavenly Father. We may have to fight harder to overcome a battle than someone else and they might have to fight harder to overcome a different battle. We are ALL fighting against the adversary. Every single day we are fighting. And it can feel really heavy, and we might feel weak. But Christ will always say "let me help you." I testify that He loves you. 

You are not alone.
Con amor, Hermana Israelsen

No comments:

Post a Comment