Thursday, May 12, 2016

God Cares More About Changing Our Hearts Than Our Situations - May 9, 2016

Everyone has a moment in life where they feel completely stuck in a trial. That's how I have felt lately. I am at the half way mark and then it just hit me I have to do all of this again..? Seeing my family yesterday on Skype was pretty tough. But then I thought of how awful I felt, how sad I was, and how much I miss them but the thought came that this is how so many people are going to feel unless I share this message that families can be together forever! So I can go 9 months without my family if it means other families get to be together forever.

"Every challenge you face, every hard thing you confront, every bad thing that happens to you, every unfairness, every conflict, every sadness, tragedy, every disappointment and heartache happens for one purpose only; to give you opportunity to respond by applying in your life the teachings of Jesus. As you do so you are changed to become more like him."

Sometimes it's easy to get a little down wondering when hope will come? But then I realized sometimes God cares more about changing our hearts than our situations. So what is God trying to teach me? I honestly have no idea right now but I know the only way to lose the race is not to finish it. The only way you fail is if you give up trying. Sometimes he calms the storm and sometimes he lets the storm rage and he calms you.
"Be still and know that He is God." I know with all my heart that one day I will look back at today with great gratitude for what I overcame.

You are never alone,

Con amor,  Hermana Israelsen




No comments:

Post a Comment