Tuesday, June 7, 2016

"Be Still and Know that He is God" May 30, 2016



 It took me a few minutes to realize in our lesson yesterday that I was sitting in dog pee. People spend more time sweeping their sidewalks here and weeding the road than any other household chore. 

We had changes my new companion is from Peru. On the bright side my Spanish is going to SKY rocket! Ha, well I pray it will. I also get to start making English jokes out loud to myself and honestly I'm pretty pumped about that.

Last night we got a phone call from our mission president. He only calls missionaries if they are going to become leaders in the mission. I answered and a little part of me was like way excited. Then he asked to talk with my comp. This whole change my leaders have been making jokes that I was going to train. So I still thought ok cool maybe I will train? Then my changes came through my district leader. I am not training this transfer. 

It's easy to say hey I am being prideful. But it's another thing to stop being prideful and truly submit to God's will. But then I remember whose name is on my name tag. I remember whose work this is and then I realized you know what if this is what God wants me to do to just smother my new comp in love then I’m going to do just that. You don’t have to have perfect relationships to be happy.

Sometimes we only see two steps ahead. Like imagine being stuck in a traffic jam I can guarantee that at least one negative thought crosses your mind like "really today of all days? I have to go pick up the kids and cook dinner and do this and that. I just don’t have time for this traffic today?" We murmur because it’s all we can see, but God is looking down and can see if you just wait 10 more minutes the traffic will ease up and you will be on your way. But we can’t see that? I know that I couldn't see that last night or this morning. I couldn't understand why when I have tried so hard and when I have waited for so long comes another trial? But I know that "these experiences will be for my good." And that every trial handled correctly can be a blessing in our lives. Who knows maybe this ends up being the best change and we get along great and grow closer to God! Or it's hard and we have to work at it but again we grow closer to God.
At the end of the day I know I am a representative of Jesus Christ. The Savior of the World. I know I am not alone. No matter what. To accept Gods will is to have unexpected blessings come your way.

"Be still and know that He is God."
Con amor, Hermana Israelsen

No comments:

Post a Comment