Tuesday, June 7, 2016

MORE EARTHQUAKES…Be Good and Getting Better! May 23, 2016



Earthquake #2: Tuesday night before we went to bed my comp said in our comp prayer that the spirit would teach us in our sleep. At 3 am I woke up to look out the window and see the street lamps flickering on and off I thought in my half a sleep mind it was lightening? Then I realized "hey I am shaking, my bed is shaking, my house is shaking, holy cow the earth is shaking." I rolled out of bed with all my blankets wrapped around me still and I saw the light that hangs over my companion’s bed was spinning. I tried to wake up my comp but she was sound asleep. So I shook her awake and she started to scream. I told her "you need to get out of your bed." The poor girl was so startled she just kept screaming. I said "hna, you need to get out of your bed and you need to get down now." She jumped down and we said a prayer. Everything was still shaking and so I grabbed the phone to contact our leaders. Everything happened so fast!! After it was over we talked to our leaders and we were told we needed to be prepared if there was another one. My comp and I sang hymns until we fell asleep.

Earthquake #3: During our weekly planning session my comp yelled "earthquake." I stood up and it took me a minute to realize "yup the earth is moving." At this point we didn’t even talk we just prayed, put on our shoes, and walked outside. We have been getting faster and faster and I am not going to lie we are like almost pro level now on earthquake drills my elementary school teachers would be so proud. 

We have been told there will be more and then a really big one when the plates finally drop but really God is the only one who truly knows. But I am sure adding to my crazy story list. I really love the mission. It is a lot of ups and downs. It is nothing like I expected! I am learning to have my will swallowed up in Gods which is easier said than done. Sometimes you just have to keep on keeping on and no matter what thank the Lord for all things!! It is not about being happy all the time but thanking Heavenly Father for the hard days, and the long nights, the ugh moments, and the I am so hungry I am going to die days because people feed the dogs more here than the missionaries. But I know that through PRAISE and a grateful heart at least my heart will change. Slowly but surely I am changing into someone better than I was.

"You don’t have to be perfect you just have to be good and getting better."

Con amor, Hermana Israelsen

 Hermana Israelsen finally got her package.....

No comments:

Post a Comment