Wednesday, September 7, 2016

New Assignment – I Couldn’t Be Happier!!!! August 22, 2016





Well it all started last night. There is nothing worse than waiting for that phone call for changes. I was lying on the ground and just kept repeating my mission scripture out loud over and over again, "Therefore let your hearts be comforted concerning Zion for all flesh is in my hands be STILL and know that I am God." 

Whether I stay in this sector or go it doesn't matter because it's the will of God. Never in my life will I receive a phone call that is straight revelation from God. Telling me where to live, who to live with, or for how long. So as I laid on the ground with the scriptures on top of my face, I kept repeating this scripture over and over again.  Then the phone rang and my heart literally fell out. Ok not literally but like I was just way nervous!

So one of my comps hands me the phone and I look at the caller I.D. and I see my mission president’s name. I answered it and we talked for a minute and he says, "Hermana I have a special assignment for you..."  "You are going to be a sister training leader. You will be opening a new sector in Imbabura (Otavalo) with Hermana Yorgason."  Hna Yorgason was already my comp as part of the legendary gringa trio.  Well really I just made it up so it’s probably not legendary. Anyway I don't think a phone call has ever brought me so much joy.

So here we are 2 gringas in a ward of only indigenous people and we can’t teach or contact Latins. Otavalo Indians have managed to hold on to centuries-old traditions.  They are a humble, tiny people. We know nothing about anything seriously we spent 45 minutes looking for somewhere to buy food. We have to learn another language.  The native language they speak here is Quichua.  I still don't even speak Spanish so it shall be interesting.

We live in a home that I am pretty sure was made for people who are shorter than 5 feet but hey I couldn't be happier! Truly this is going to be a crazy change but I know it was the Lords will and wow I just couldn't be happier right now!!

I know His plan is perfect. I know He lives and loves each and every one of us. I know every trial handled correctly can be a blessing in our lives. So right now I am just going to laugh and eat my piece of bread that we finally found and be grateful for this beautiful life God has given us.

Con mucho amor, Hermana Israelsen
PS I think I am serving in the ward where Hermana Ching Chong is from it sounds like they speak her same language, Chinese!

No comments:

Post a Comment