Thursday, September 29, 2016

Why Is It So Hard for Us to Trust God? September 26, 2016

DI has a few?

I've decided I am bringing back the poncho. It's been a few years since they have been in style in the states and I feel like 2017 is the year for them to come back in, so yeah buy them now while they are cheap if I remember DI has a few?
 
I give kids these little mango mints but they kind of look like pills so on the bright side it looks like I am giving a bunch of little kid’s medicine :)

The other day my companion and I followed this person on a way to a lesson just so we could smell their perfume.
I tried to tell a joke yesterday when I bore my testimony in church but no one laughed and it was just that awkward silence thing.
We had a ward activity and we did Lehi’s dream. The last time I did this activity was about a year ago and I was an angel but I kept accidently leading people astray.  So this time I just volunteered myself as a devil. I led this older lady astray but she was so cute so I let her get back on the string.

I almost killed our only progressing investigator :) She had a really bad head ache and I had like the most basic ibuprofen in my bag so I let her have one. We came back the next day and she said her throat was swollen and the pain only got worse. Oops!
I lost my photos last week from my camera because well after writing I forgot to take my tarjeta whatever you call it card thingy out of the computer and when I came back someone had stolen it. Well (A.) I hope they enjoy some selfies with me and a llama and (B.) I realized that the more we try and control things the less we are being still and knowing God is God. 

Sometimes I get so caught up in hoping things turn out to be a certain way or wanting things to go just right that I become more demanding then believing. I mean think of all those TV commercials we buy into. "This will help you lose 30 lbs in 3 months." Everyone goes and buys it only to realize what it requires is to eat less and walk more.  Well you could have done that without spending $50.
It is so EASY for us to believe Pinterest recipes, Instagram photos, magazine covers yet for someone reason it's so HARD for us to trust God? I mean the whole reason the camera was even invented was to remember happy moments. One of my favorite words in the gospel is "remember." Remember who you are, where you came from, and who loves you. But if you spend more time setting up the perfect photo than enjoying the moment what is the point of the photo? Or if we take too much time matching the table cloth with the forks and napkin patterns instead of enjoying the actual food and people you are with what’s the point of having a family dinner?
I guess what I am trying to say is sometimes we get caught up with trying to plan life out point by point while we eliminate the central part of the gospel which is faith in Jesus Christ. Sometimes we get so caught up on the little things that we miss out. And 3 years go by and we step back and think "man I wish I would have enjoyed high school more, or my mission more, or when my kids were younger." So why do we trust more in TV commercials, and magazine covers, or Instagram followers than in our Savior Jesus Christ. I mean what did He do to lose your trust? NOTHING! Isn't kind of crazy? It's so hard for us to just be still and know that He is God?
Sometimes I just wake up and the first thing I think about is wow Jesus is pretty awesome! He really is. When you take all the accessories of life away the only thing you only really need to know is that He lives. There are people out there who need our help everyday but if we are too busy being "busy" we miss out on the entire purpose of our creation. To help someone else. The goal isn’t just for us to make it to heaven but to bring back as many souls as we can with us. "Come follow me home." Live outside your cell phone, those new boots you want, that cute boy or girl, hair styles, or Facebook friends. Go outside for 5 minutes WITHOUT your phone and for 5 minutes look outside and just think who created all of it. Who loves you? I mean who really really loves you?
The other night we stopped to contact a lady who was with her sheep. As we were talking with her I looked up into the sky and saw a bright star (or a very slow moving airplane) as I looked back at her and her sheep and the fields and mountains behind her it reminded me of the Saviors birth. The star, the sheep, the peace I felt, it has been and always will be about Him. It's about Jesus.
Don’t give up where ever you are or how you feel or what you are going through. Look up! He's there and always has been and will be. You are never alone because how could He leave you alone? He's YOUR Savior.
Con mucho amor, Hermana Israelsen

No comments:

Post a Comment