Wednesday, September 7, 2016

You Can Have Joy Just Because - July 25, 2016




My favorite quote of the week "I can't I'm too happy right now!" 



Sometimes we think we have a pretty good idea of the path our life is going to take. Maybe we have it planned out in our heads and think yeah that sounds good what about you Heavenly Father are you good with this? But like 9 times out of 10 Heavenly Father has a totally different plan for us and at first we might be a little upset, disappointed, or even confused. But one thing I am learning right now is about the importance of obeying and submitting to the will of God.



My mission is literally nothing like I expected it to be. But I know this is the way God always knew it was going to be and I know something good comes out of submission to the Lords will. Sometimes as humans we live so much in the future. We just CAN’T WAIT to figure out the ending to our story. But one thing is true that God isn't a story book ruiner. He doesn't tell us the details until we lived them. He gives us hints through revelation, blessings, and scriptures. But he is not like the person who immediately gets on social media after reading a new book or seeing that new movie everyone was obsessed about and tells you everything that happens and who dies at the end and you are just like NO WHY DID I READ THAT POST! (haha Tara Johnson and Laurel Jones I hope you read this email).



Right now you are living your future of before. You are living your future of yesterday, and two years ago, and when you are 7 dreaming about some day. Your some day is today. And tomorrow will come and come what may and love it right? I know it can be hard sometimes. I know it's hard for me right now to understand why these things keep happening but I know in whom I have trusted. I know God lives. 



"And the Lord said I have surely seen the afflictions of my people which are in Egypt and have heard their cry by reason of their taskmasters for I know their sorrows." (Exodus 3:7) He knows our sorrow not just because he heard our cries, but because our cries were once His.



"He carried the burden, our burden, I added something to it, so did you. He took it upon himself to pay the price that I might escape, that you might escape the punishment on the conditions that we will receive his gospel and be true and faithful to it."



One thing I have learned is that you don't need a reason to be happy. You can have joy just because. There is too much sadness in this world. Too much pain and sorrow. Their is darkness and depression and we are all fighting a battle. We don't have to be sad to be real. We don't have to be hurt to understand. We can laugh. We can pray. We can have JOY! "Men are to have joy."



We were designed for greatness. This is the truth. I love you all. Thank you for the birthday wishes. Finally 20 eh :)



Con mucho amor, Hermana Israelsen

No comments:

Post a Comment