Monday, November 21, 2016

My Life Mission is to Love the Children of God – Nov 21, 2016




I don’t have a lot of time today because we had another zone activity at the beach but this time I burned my face bad because I forgot to use sunscreen. Ok the truth is I thought "na I’m not going to need sun screen." I learned an important lesson today because in all my lessons tonight everyone is going to make comments about how red my face is.. oops.

Well I hope everyone has a happy Thanksgiving this week!! I will be on tsunami and earthquake watch. We have been doing emergency practices and learned CPR :)
Last week in the last days of the latinga trio one of my companions tried to teach me how to wax my other companion’s eyebrows. Let’s just say I found another career I should NOT go into.

This week I taught a single mom about bananas and peanut butter. She thought it was so gross and so weird that anyone would eat peanut butter with a banana but after she tried it she wanted to show all her sisters because she thought it was so good!

This week I have been reflecting a lot on what I've learned from my mission and it's this, "How to give love freely." If we could only look behind people’s masks and see who they are and when times get tough to remember to change our perspective and look at things differently!

I found this in my journal back in August: "My greatest work will and always will be charity. It never faileth! My life mission is to love the children of God; it's how I lose myself."

I truly believe that is my purpose here on earth to develop this love and bring His children back home with me. "Being unwanted, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat."

We were created for so much more. You are not alone.
Con amor, Hermana Israelsen


No comments:

Post a Comment